A turner utensil, also known as a spatula or flipper, is a kitchen tool with a long handle and a flat, wide head. It is typically made of metal or heat-resistant material and is designed for flipping, turning, and lifting various types of food during cooking.
- Flipping and turning food: The turner utensil is commonly used to flip and turn foods like pancakes, eggs, burgers, or fish fillets while cooking. Its thin and flat head allows for easy sliding under the food without damaging its shape.
- Grilling and barbecuing: When grilling or barbecuing, the turner utensil is used to flip and move items like burgers, steaks, vegetables, or skewers on the grill. Its long handle keeps the cook’s hands safe from the heat.
- Stirring and mixing: The flat head of the turner utensil can be used for stirring and mixing ingredients in pans or pots, particularly for dishes like scrambled eggs, sautéed vegetables, or stir-fries.
- Removing cookies or baked goods: When baking cookies or other delicate baked goods, the turner utensil can be used to carefully lift them off the baking sheet or pan without causing them to break or lose their shape.
- Transferring food: The turner utensil is useful for transferring cooked food from a cooking surface to a serving plate. It allows for easy and efficient handling of hot or delicate items.