A stainless steel spatula refers to a kitchen utensil composed of a flat, rigid blade and a handle, both made from stainless steel material. It is known for its durability, easy maintenance, and heat resistance.
- Flipping and turning: The primary use of a stainless steel spatula is for flipping and turning food items during cooking. It is commonly employed for flipping pancakes, eggs, burgers, or delicate fish fillets, providing stability and precision.
- Mixing and scraping: Stainless steel spatulas can be used for mixing ingredients in bowls or scraping the sides of pots and pans to ensure even cooking and prevent sticking. They are effective tools for incorporating ingredients or deglazing pans.
- Icing and decorating: Stainless steel spatulas with a straight or offset blade are frequently used for icing cakes, spreading frosting, or smoothing batters. They allow for precise control and create professional-looking finishes on baked goods.
- Griddle and stovetop cooking: Stainless steel spatulas are suitable for use on griddles, stovetops, or frying pans. They can withstand high temperatures and are used for flipping pancakes, burgers, or stir-frying ingredients.
- Barbecue and outdoor cooking: Stainless steel spatulas are ideal for outdoor cooking, such as grilling or barbecuing. They can handle the heat and are used for flipping meat, vegetables, or seafood on the grill, ensuring proper cooking and easy handling.