A flexible spatula is a kitchen utensil with a handle and a thin, flexible blade or head. It is designed to bend and conform to various surfaces, making it versatile for a wide range of cooking and baking tasks.
- Scraping bowls and containers: The primary use of a flexible spatula is for scraping ingredients from bowls, jars, or containers. The thin and flexible blade can easily reach into curved surfaces, ensuring no waste and efficient removal of batters, sauces, or other mixtures.
- Mixing and folding ingredients: Flexible spatulas are suitable for mixing or folding ingredients together. The flexible blade allows for gentle and thorough incorporation, ensuring all ingredients are evenly combined without overmixing.
- Spreading and smoothing: Flexible spatulas can be used for spreading or smoothing batters, frostings, or sauces onto cakes, cookies, or other desserts. The flexibility of the blade provides excellent control and helps achieve an even and smooth finish.
- Flipping and turning delicate foods: Flexible spatulas are ideal for flipping and turning delicate foods, such as pancakes, eggs, or fragile fish fillets. The thin and flexible blade allows for easy and precise maneuvering without damaging the food.
- Scrambling eggs or stirring in pans: Flexible spatulas are useful for scrambling eggs, as they can gently fold and stir the eggs without scratching non-stick surfaces. They are also handy for stirring ingredients in pans or skillets, ensuring even cooking and preventing food from sticking.