An egg ring, also known as an egg mold or egg shaper, is a kitchen tool used to shape eggs while cooking. It is typically made of metal or silicone and features a round or custom-shaped ring with a handle.
- Shaping fried eggs: The primary purpose of an egg ring is to shape fried eggs into a specific shape or size, such as a perfect circle or a custom shape like a heart or star. The ring holds the egg in place while it cooks, resulting in a neat and uniform shape.
- Cooking egg sandwiches: Egg rings are commonly used for making egg sandwiches or breakfast sandwiches. By placing the ring in a heated pan, cracking an egg into it, and cooking until set, the result is an egg patty that fits perfectly on a sandwich or burger.
- Controlling egg portion size: Egg rings can help control the portion size of eggs. By using a ring with a specific diameter, it becomes easier to achieve consistent egg sizes for various dishes or dietary needs.
- Preventing egg spreading: Egg rings can be used to prevent eggs from spreading too much while cooking. They provide a contained space for the egg to cook, resulting in a tidy and compact shape, especially useful for presentation or fitting onto specific dishes.
- Enhancing food presentation: Egg rings can add a visually appealing element to breakfast dishes. By using different-shaped egg rings, it is possible to create fun and eye-catching shapes that make breakfast more enjoyable and visually appealing.