A cookie cutter is a kitchen tool used to cut uniform shapes out of rolled dough for making cookies or other baked goods. It typically consists of a metal or plastic frame with a sharp edge and a push handle.
- Shaping cookies: The primary purpose of a cookie cutter is to create cookies of specific shapes. By pressing the cutter into rolled-out dough, it cuts out the desired shape, resulting in uniformly shaped cookies.
- Baking with kids: Cookie cutters are often used for baking activities with children. They provide an enjoyable way for kids to participate in the baking process, allowing them to choose their favorite shapes and cut out cookies.
- Holiday and special occasion treats: Cookie cutters are commonly used to create cookies for holidays and special occasions. They can be shaped into festive designs like Christmas trees, hearts for Valentine’s Day, or pumpkins for Halloween.
- Fondant or decorative accents: Cookie cutters can be used to cut shapes from fondant or other edible materials for cake decoration. They can create intricate shapes that can be placed on cakes, cupcakes, or other desserts.
- Craft and DIY projects: Cookie cutters can also be used for non-food-related craft projects. They can be used as stencils for various art projects, to create shapes for homemade ornaments, or to cut shapes out of materials like clay or playdough.