An ice cube tray is a small, rectangular or square-shaped container with individual compartments used for freezing water into ice cubes, providing a convenient and practical way to chill beverages and create ice for various purposes.
- Individual Compartments: The ice cube tray features several individual compartments, typically arranged in rows and columns, where water can be poured and frozen into separate ice cubes.
- Flexible Material: Most ice cube trays are made from flexible materials like silicone or plastic, allowing easy removal of the ice cubes by bending or twisting the tray.
- Handles or Flaps: Some ice cube trays come with handles or flaps on the sides, making it easier to carry and transport the tray, especially when filled with water.
- Stackable Design: Ice cube trays are often designed to be stackable, allowing users to save freezer space by neatly stacking multiple trays on top of each other.
- Easy Release: The flexible material and well-designed compartments ensure that ice cubes can be released easily without sticking or breaking.