A handheld blender, also known as an immersion blender or stick blender, is a compact and handheld kitchen appliance used for blending, pureeing, and mixing ingredients directly in the cooking vessel. It consists of a motorized base with a handle and a blending shaft with rotating blades at the end.
- Soup and Sauce Preparation: The primary use of a handheld blender is for blending and pureeing soups and sauces directly in the pot. It allows for quick and convenient blending without the need to transfer hot liquids to a separate blender or food processor.
- Smoothie and Beverage Making: Handheld blenders are ideal for making smoothies, milkshakes, and other blended beverages. They can easily blend fruits, vegetables, ice, and other ingredients directly in a glass or container.
- Baby Food Preparation: Handheld blenders are commonly used for making homemade baby food. They can quickly and efficiently puree cooked fruits, vegetables, and other ingredients into smooth textures suitable for infants.
- Dips and Dressings: Handheld blenders are handy for preparing homemade dips, dressings, and sauces. They can blend ingredients like herbs, garlic, oil, and vinegar directly in a bowl or container, resulting in smooth and well-incorporated mixtures.
- Whisking and Mixing: Some handheld blenders come with attachments like whisking blades or mixing attachments. These allow for whisking eggs, beating batters, or mixing ingredients directly in a bowl, providing versatility in the kitchen.